Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Spiral Flower on Tag Topper Side Fold Card

Pin It Now! I have pretty colors and fancy folds to show you today!

Here's a trending technique - creating a trifold card with a special closure using the Tag Topper Punch
You can find a video here on how this tag topper closure is done.  

I have finished my card using Sweet Sorbet DSP and twine from the matching Accessory Pack available in the Sale-A-Bration brochure going on now!  
Inside: Again, Petal Parade from Sale-A-Bration, but the sentiment is from Another Great Year.
Check out this lovely flower!  It's made in a snap using the new Spiral Flower Originals Die.  I will tell you that there's a learning curve involved with this...don't give up, because when you find your "style" of flower, you'll love it:  Here are a couple of tips:
1 - I found that the Core'dinations paper worked by far the best for holding  the petal shape.
2 - Use a hot glue gun once you get it worked out right.  You don't want this flower falling apart!
3 - Use your bone folder to shape the petals before rolling it up.
4 - This flower is my prettiest one, and it was my eighth try!!!!  I will make more!
With the bulk of this card, it either needs to be hand delivered or sent in a box-type envelope.  I have glassine bags available in my Etsy Shop!  These are great to show off your work.


Have a blessed and creative day!  ~ Erika

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh....this is gorgeous!! SOOOO pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love the scalloped spiral die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I love this card. I am wondering how you did the leaves for the flower?? - Thank You, Naomi Cramb

    ReplyDelete