Monday, October 6, 2014

Happily Haunted House!

Pin It Now! Here's a cute little haunted house, complete with batty chimney and a ghost coming through the walls!
The color combo is a fun one from Hand Stamped Sentiments.  I used coordinating strips of patterned paper at 3/4" and 1/2" by 1-1/2" and pulled them all together with a black satin ribbon.  The house is colored with the same combo.  I love this stamp set!  There are so many little details you can add to the house.  Here, I've spooked it out with the Halloween stamps - ghost, tree, bats, and that tiny spider web in the corner of the door.  Such fun to build a scene! 
A little close up of the house. I keep a curved mask of paper in the stamp box to make grassy hills out of with a sponge wedge.  I outlined the house lightly with pencil after die cutting it with the matching framelit to place the bats, ghost, and tree correctly.  Then simply erased the lines and popped the house up with Dimensionals!  

Check out this sweet stamp set for all the wonderful ways you can dress up the houses!
Click the pic to visit SU's site -
pick me as your demonstrator to order!
Head on over to Hand Stamped Sentiments and join in the fun!  The challenge goes on for two weeks, and I would love to see what you do! 

Have a spooky cool day! ~ Erika

SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Holiday Home
INK:  Pear Pizzazz, Blackberry Bliss, Jet Black Staz On, Basic Grey, Smoky Slate, Hello Honey
PAPER:  Typeset Specialty DSP, Subtles DSP Stack, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
EMBELLISHMENTS:  Black Satin ribbon
BIG SHOT:  Holiday Home Framelits


3 comments:

  1. Super cute card! I love how you decorated the house with the spider, ghost and bats. I've been meaning to get the holiday home bundle. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute!!! Colors worked perfect for your card!!! Love the use of the stamps from Holiday Home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your super spooky house, OMG that looked like it took some time. I love all your little embellishments and accents, wish I had an eye for that myself, LOL!! Instead I will just have to lean on you for inspiration, AWESOME JOB!!

    ReplyDelete