Monday, November 3, 2014

Clean & Simple Christmas Cheer

Pin It Now! I've decided to use a clean and simple card for mailing at Christmas this year.

What I haven't decided is which card to use!  The next few posts will feature my mailable, CAS Christmas card series.  The DSP will provide most of the embellishment, and the sentiment will be clear and bold!

Here's one featuring Nordic Noel DSP, Cheerful Christmas stamp set, and a couple of embellishments.
The color pallette is from our latest challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments!  Love these holiday season colors!
I substituted the Garden Green for the dark shade of Old Olive Blendabilities. These markers work great for so many techniques!  This time I used one to color the pine boughs that were heat embossed with white.
Inside, Christmas merriness!
I think the rounded corners add a little more interest to my mailable card.  The little strip of black and white, too.  I have learned this cool look from one of our 2014-2015 Artisans, Teneale Williams.  She is a master of graphic design!
Have a blessed and creative day!  ~ erika

SUPPLY LIST:
STAMPS:  Cheerful Christmas, More Merry Messages
INK:  White Stampin' Emboss, Basic Black, Real Red, Blendabilities Old Olive
PAPER:  Nordic Noel DSP, Typeset Specialty DSP, Whisper White, Real Red,  Basic Black
EMBELLISHMENTS:  Frosted Sequins, Basic Rhinestones
OTHER:  Corner rounding punch (Fiskars)

5 comments:

  1. Very Pretty!!! Love the pop of red- perfect background!!! Love the white embossing!!! Perfect dsp to finish your card!!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your white embossing really makes this card pop. I love those snowflake sequins---they really tie in your background DSP well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stamp done up in the chalkboard effect. Really makes it pop. Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chalkboard look, especially with the colored evergreen pieces...great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously... I LOVE that tech with the blendies too!!! :-) I can never get enough of the chalk-board look either, LOVE your card!! Take Care~ EG

    ReplyDelete