Friday, January 16, 2015

Oh, Happy Day! Cascading Birthday Card

Pin It Now! Today my first born is 14!  Where does the time go?  I know it's sappy, but wow!  He's officially taller than me, and very nearly smarter, too.

I made him a dude card.  He loves the mechanical cards that I make - cards with fancy folds, flips, etc.  More than just folded in half! This one is a cascade card, and wasn't at all hard to make after watching Dawn's video here.
Embellished with Typeset DSP, Starburst Sayings, and a little gold trim.  We'll see if it's manly enough!

I love this card fold, it's interesting, and shows off the tons of DSP that some of us are hoarding!
The back...

The "HAPPY" is dotted with Crystal Effects and sprinkled with glitter.  It reminds me of a lit up Vegas sign!
It's a bit oversized (standard A6), so a handmade envelope was in order.  
Check out the snack & soda "cake" I made for him last night!  A great way to use up old ribbons and such.  I love making basket cakes :)  You can find a how-to here.
Have a blessed and creative day!  ~ Erika

SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Starburst Sayings, Chalk Talk, Something to Say
INK:  Memento Tuxedo Black
PAPER:  Vintage Typeset Specialty, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
EMBELLISHMENTS:  Gold Sequin Trim, Gold 5/8" Satin ribbon, gold glitter, Crystal Effects
BIG SHOT:  Starburst Framelits, Chalk Talk Framelits

No comments:

Post a Comment